Here’s a date-ordered list of my writing, outreach work, videography, and science communication.
Links updated as content becomes available on host websites.
- Head of Social Media and Communications at theGIST: Curating news feeds and grids, increasing reach by 30%, engagement by 23%, followers by 5% in first three months.
- Events photographer for theGIST: Covering spring magazine launch and events as part of Pint of Science.
- Press member at European Congress of Obesity: Invited as a member of theGIST to attend press releases and produce breaking news articles with 12 hour turnaround. “Massive new study confirms higher BMI linked with serious increase in multiple diseases in UK”
- The Hinching Effect: What does an ultra-clean home mean for your immune system? Article in line for publishing at theGIST investigating how our environment shapes our immune system, and how clean homes impact this.
- Zebras not horses: uncovering the unsequenceable genetic disease: Article in line for publishing at theGIST discussing disease epidemiology of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and controversy surrounding diagnosis.
- Abolition of Anonymity: The Ethics of Public Gene Sequencing: Article in line for publishing at theGIST discussing ethical implications of genetic data ownership and use in legal cases.
- Fantastic Proteins and Where to Find Them: Glasgow Science Festival event with research institute, MCSB.
- Winner of ‘MVLS Impact in 60 Seconds’ competition: ‘Getting to the Root of the Matter’ – Winner of a College-wide video initiative to communicate research with the public in under 60 seconds. Judged internally and externally
- Disability and PhD: a user guide for PIs and Students: An informative video about the reality of living with a disability whilst studying for a PhD. It’s being used as a teaching tool in multiple universities.
- Plant based biomaterials: Approached by the Biochemist to write about biomaterials for their themed issue.
- EZ-Root-Vis: Co-authored on a paper describing computational reconstruction of plant root systems.
- TheGIST Copy editing: Find before-and-after examples of my work here
- TheGIST: Where’s all the lettuce? Feature article investigating climate stability, food supply, and Brexit.
- TheGIST: Research, Impact & The UK Parliament podcast
- PGRBlog: Disability in Academia: How can the University of Glasgow support you?
- International Fascination of Plants Day: What do Plants Eat? A hands-on interactive game for all ages
- International Fascination of Plants Day: What do Plants Eat? Educational Poster
- International Fascination of Plants Day: Institute of Molecular, Cell, & Systems Biology Coverage
- PGRBlog: Research Conference Coverage: Communication and metrics for PhD Students
- ElleUK Women’s Magazine: Personal experiences with Body Focused Repetitive Disorders
- PGRBlog: Voice of Young Science- Science & The Media workshop: Navigating science:media intersections as an early career researcher